Outline of Presentations and Proposed Agenda
Friday afternoon / evening
Download related documents:
- Ecumenical Prayer Service for Friday night
- Interreligious Prayer Service for Saturday morning
- John Crossin’s paper, and “Spiritual Friendship”, topic of Saturday morning presentation
- Downloadable Agenda
- I. Introductions and Revelation: What do I hope to find at this regional meeting (10 mins)
- II. Video introduction provided by facilitator, Fr. Don Rooney
- II. Video introduction by presenter, Fr. John Crossin, OSFS
Some considerable time is provided for participants to introduce themselves and express what there hopes are for this conference, and to indicate what their greatest challenges are.
- III. Video Presentation, John Crossin: “Ten Points of Ecumenism” (1 hour, 40 min. total)
These ten points may be presented individually with discussion, based on the needs of the group. At some point, the group breaks for 10 minutes between topics.
- 1. Prayer and Conversion [10:16]
- 2. Interfaith Dialogue [12:45]
- 3. Why Be Ecumenical at All? [10:34]
- 4. A Short History [16:55]
- 5. A Communion of Communions [15:28]
- 6. Catholics are “both/and” People [12:40]
- 7. Cultural Differences DO Make a Difference [7:25]
- 8. Differences in Understanding “Church” [8:59]
- 9. Local Reception [7:12]
- 10. The Role of the Holy Spirit [1:38]
5pm Questions and answers (24 minutes)
5:30pm Break and 6pm Dinner
IV. Video Presentation, John Crossin: “Ecumenism Present and Future, Emerging Trends” (45 min.)
8:30pm Ecumenical Prayer Service (learn by doing) – group moves to a chapel, if facilities are available. Text provided by this link is an adaptation of a Week of Prayer for Christian Unity prayer service.
9pm Social: questions and answers
Group gathers with refreshments and discuss the 7pm Presentation. Some of the most fruitful work of these Regional meetings occurs in the group’s processing of the subjects of the day at this time.
8am Interreligious Prayer Service – chapel, followed by breakfast (served 8-9am)
Text provided by this link is a prayer service that could be used.
- V. Video Presentation, John Crossin: “Spiritual Friendship” (46 mins.)
- Questions and answers provided in video form (22 min.)
Paper provided by this link could be distributed at the time of registration for the Regional Meeting so that people are acquainted with the document John Crossin discusses.
- VI. Video Presentation, Don Rooney: “Ecumenism and the Local Church” (44 min.)
- Discussion and sharing of local activities and experiences (XX min.)
1pm Wrap up, further questions, feedback:
- What question or need did I come with – is it answered?
- What is one concrete goal I can name and take back with me for the coming year?
2pm close of Regional Meeting