We are glad to welcome you to our website which we hope will offer you up-to-date information on ecumenical and interreligious programs and events as well as provide a forum for regional networking and collaboration. You are now able to register online for CADEIO programs and events, update your contact information, and pay your membership dues (diocesan or associate) by PayPal, credit card, or U.S. mail.You will find a January 2013 PDF formatted document which includes our best efforts at an updated membership directory. Also on the website you will find a calendar which we hope will be populated by Regional Representatives submitting events which are held across the country in the interest of Church unity and Interreligious understanding. You may submit upcoming events to the CADEIO secretary for posting on the website calendar.We look forward to being of service to you, and we welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions.Don Rooney
On the Path towards Christian Unity is a 14-part video series that explores the broad topic of ecumenism in the Catholic Church. Guided by the landmark documents of the Second Vatican Council, On the Path toward Christian Unity, covers both foundational concepts and pastoral applications for the lay person, religious, priest, beginner or veteran, practitioner or student of the ecumenical movement. The series also comes with a group and study guide to help facilitate conversation and reflection. The 14 talks are offered by a variety of individuals with distinct expertise in the area of ecumenism.
The first talk, The Importance of Friendship, is presented by Bishop Denis J. Madden, chairman of the Committee for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs. Other talks are given by USCCB staff members and participants and collaborators of the many ecumenical dialogues in which the USCCB is engaged. CADEIO, of course, is highlighted in the series both by the video you are featured in, as well as being mentioned in the video explaining ecumenical entities (Alphabet Soup).
The entire series is now housed on the SEIA webpage and can be accessed by following this link: http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/ecumenical-and-interreligious/on-the-path-toward-christian-unity.cfm. The videos will also be uploaded shortly onto the USCCB YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/user/usccb/videos.
Our hope is that you and your colleagues will find this initiative helpful in your own ministry within the Church. Please feel free to make use of this resource in whatever manner would be of benefit to your programs and collaborators. We also appreciate any help you could offer in promoting the series among your members and contacts.
Dear CADEIO Members and Friends, We will begin the process of rebuilding the CADEIO website shortly and I ask your continued patience. Watch this site for upcoming information about:\n
- The National Workshop on Christian Unity, April 8-11, Columbus OH. You can also go to register for the national program at www.nwcu.org. We will be mailing and emailing registration information for the national program, as well as the CADEIO program, and hotel reservations, a three-step process that is required for full registration for the Workshop.
- Our Summer Institute on Advanced Ecumenical Formation, July 7-13, 2013 at St. Paul College (at Catholic University) in Washington, DC. with Fr. John Crossin, Brother Jeff Gros, Fr. Ron Roberson, Rev. Mel Robeck and Dr. Michael Root, among others. Please make plans to come, the costs for the Institute will not exceed $1,000 (CADEIO will cover any costs above this amount).
- Advance documents for our upcoming General Assembly at the National Workshop, April 9, 2013. The documents will include nominations materials, proposed revisions to our Constitution and By-Laws, agendas and committee reports.
- Diocesan and Associate Membership Dues are due. You will be receiving invoices by mail and email shortly.
- Regional meetings with Fr. John Crossin: Lafayette, LA in June 2013, and Orange County, CA and Baltimore, MD in October.
Please watch this website as we introduce new content, a calendar and on line registration for upcoming events.