The 2017 National Workshop on Christian Unity will be held May 1- May 4, 2017 at the Hilton Hotel, Marquette Avenue in Minneapolis, MN. Registration is now open! Please note that registration includes two separate transactions: Combined NWCU / CADEIO registration and Hotel Reservations.
1. Register for the both Programs at www.nwcu.org.
Registration and payment for both the NWCU overall program and CADEIO is made to the Registrar for the National Workshop (www.nwcu.org), NOT CADEIO as in years past. Each of the ecclesial networks (like CADEIO) has a concurrent program of meetings and seminars which are incorporated into the overall Workshop schedule. This year the CADEIO Program will add these events to the regular schedule:
The CADEIO Session (1) CADEIO Seminars (2) Ecumenical Engagement Seminar 2:
- Interfaith Series Session 4: Preserving the Christian Heritage in the Middle East. This Session provides an introduction overview of the efforts of the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library at St. John’s University to save handwritten culture in the Middle east and Beyond. (Wednesday Afternoon)
- Ecumenical Engagement Seminar 2: Climate Change How are faith communities responding to the challenges of climate change and how might we work together as stewards of God’s creation and witnesses to God’s love? This seminar lifts up the dialogue, debate, and actions being taken by people of faith to address mitigation of and adaptation to climate change. (Thursday Morning)
- Ecumenical Engagement Seminar 4: Christian Witness in a Multi-Religious World. This seminar explores Christian Witness in a Multi-religious World, a joint ecumenical effort of the World Council of Churches, the World Evangelical Alliance, and the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue. According to this joint initiative, “[p]roclaiming the word of God and witnessing to the world is essential for every Christian. At the same time, it is necessary to do so according to gospel principles, with full respect and love for all human beings.” Learn about current and best practices for witnessing the love of God to all. (Thursday Morning)
Orientation and Regional Meetings
- Monday’s orientation and regional meetings will help organize Ecumenical Officers according to region, with Region Representatives. For an updated listing of Diocesan Ecumenical/Interreligious Officers and Regional Reps please visit www.cadeio.org and click on the “Member Directory” to the top right of the page.
- The General Assembly will meet for our annual meeting on Wednesday morning to discuss Association business, development and planning.
- The Networks-hosted Breakfast on Thursday morning.
- Executive Committee and Board Meeting Thursday afternoon.
2. Contact the Hilton Hotel, Marquette Avenue to make your hotel reservations.
3. Update your contact information and pay your annual dues for CADEIO.
Please review the latest membership directory and send any updates to Rick Caporali. The membership dues in CADEIO are set each year by the General Assembly. The current annual dues for Full Members is $200 annually. Payment of diocesan dues is a requirement for membership and voting. Please note that registration fees for the NWCU Workshop and CADEIO Seminars are not included as part of dues payment. Associate Membership (to be included in all CADEIO communication) is $10. Mr. Rick Caporali, Treasurer, is sending invoices in a separate mailing. FULL MEMBERSHIP in CADEIO is open to ecumenical officers of the arch/dioceses in union with Rome, and required for voting in the Association. The following persons also qualify:
- The chairperson or a member of the diocesan ecumenical commission assigned to represent it;
- One who effectively exercises the role of a diocesan ecumenical officer without an appointment;
- A representative of a religious community that has a special apostolate in ecumenism.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP in CADEIO is open to any person interested in ecumenism, by payment of the yearly associate membership fee of $10. The Associate Member is entitled to receive the CADEIO Newsletter and general announcements via email. The Associate member is entitled to attend the Assembly with voice but no vote.
4. Learn more about our CADEIO Institutes for Continuing Formation
The General Assembly has voted to offer the Introductory Level Course every summer starting in 2014, and alternate the other two courses (Interreligious Leadership and Advanced Ecumenical Leadership) every other year. There is no better way to receive such quality formation, instruction and inspiration, equipping us to do our work with precision and integrity. The program is designed for you, with busy schedules and other jobs. The Institute is open to anyone involved in pastoral work that requires an understanding of the Church’s teachings on ecumenical and interreligious affairs: ecumenical and interreligious officers, diocesan or parish commission members, diocesan leaders, members of religious orders, seminarians, theology students, priests, permanent deacons and interested laity. Contact Mrs. Jan Skrehot,, CADEIO President, for more information at 713-942-5071 or email@example.com